Nevada Public Safety Communications Committee (NPSCC)
Nevada Public Safety Communications Committee (NPSCC) is hereby established to:
the Commission on Homeland Security on the compatibility and interoperability
of information systems and systems of communication used by response agencies
within this State.
the State Administrative Agent on all communications related funding,
including, but not limited to, the prioritization of the state’s investment in
communications systems and the advancement of statewide communication and
as the coordinating body for communications systems operating within the State,
including statewide, federal, tribal, local and discipline-specific systems.
as the Statewide Interoperability Executive Committee (SIEC) for issues related
to public safety communication and involving the Federal Communications
as the Statewide Interoperability Governing Body (SIGB).
the Statewide 911 Coordinator.
an annual review of the Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan and
provide the Statewide Interoperability Coordinator with guidance to improve
operational and interoperable communications in the State.
working groups as appropriate to address issues facing interoperable
communications in Nevada, including but not limited to, 911 Services/Public
Safety Dispatch, Nevada’s participate in the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband
Network, and the Nevada Core Systems Program.
outreach and education on existing, new and emerging technologies affecting
Nevada responders and agencies.
the Governor to opt-in or opt-out of the nationwide interoperable broadband
network established by the Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012
Nevada Public Safety Communications Committee Roster
- The Governor shall appoint the following members to the NPSCC who will serve at the pleasure of the Governor:
- Director of the Department of Public Safety; Jim Wright
- Chief Information Officer for the State of Nevada; Vacant
- Nevada Department of Transportation Representative; Rudy Malfabon
- Nevada National Guard Representative; Mitchell Sperling
- Homeland Security Commission Representative; Christopher Ipsen
- Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association Representative; Scott Taylor
- Nevada Fire Chiefs Association Representative; Matthew Morris
- Inter-Tribal Council of Nevada Representative; Nathaniel Hunkup
- Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department Representative; Michael Barnbeck
- Southern Nevada Area Communications Council Representative; Louis Amell
- Washoe County Regional Communications System Representative; Michael Brown
- Nevada System of Higher Education Representative; Sandra Gayle Barfield
- NV Energy Representative; Kevin Judice
- Nevada Hospital Association Representative; Vacant
- Public safety representative from a county whose population is less than 100,000; Gary Hames
- Chief of the Division of Emergency Management, as a non-voting member; Caleb Cage
- Statewide Interoperability Coordinator, as a non-voting member; Vacant
- Representatives from the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency or First Responder Network Authority as a non-voting member; Thomas Lawless
- The Governor shall appoint two co-chairs of the NPSCC from the membership of the body; at least one of the co-chairs shall be a state representative. The NPSCC may select one of the co-chairs to serve as a delegate of the NPSCC in order to represent the NPSCC’s interests for purposes of information gathering and government relations on matters relating to the First Responder Network Authority.
- Director Jim Wright - DPS
- Director Michael Barnbeck - LVMPD
Nevada FirstNet Outreach Presentations
Nevada's FirstNet Consultation
Related Outreach Documents